The Rotary Club of Archerfield was chartered on 28 June 1984 and originally met at the Archerfield Aerodrome. During the 1990's its meeting venue changed to Souths' Sports Club where it continues to meet each Thursday. Due to COVID 19 our meeting venue, Souths Sports Club, has been closed by Government order and so that the members can apply appropriate social distancing regulations and not leave our homes without good reason, the Rotary Club of Archerfield is now meeting each week via ZOOM. Visitors to our online meetings are welcome and contact in the first instance should be to Past President Terry Barker, email@example.com and or 0408 443 925. He will provide you with a link and password for our weekly meeting.
We are only a small club and would welcome new members. Rotary is a worldwide service organisation dedicated to Making a Difference domestically and internationally. We have hosted Rotary Exchange Students for more than 20 years up until 2018 but continue to have a focus within our club of support for youth programs such as RYPEN, RYLA and RYTS.
Other programs of the club include: -
- Rotary District 9630 Drought Relief;
- The Rotary Foundation and End Polio Now;
- Rotary Christmas Cakes and Puddings;
- An annual fundraising dinner at Gambaro's Restaurant;
- Provision of potable water to Stanthorpe and the Lockyer Valley;
- Rotary District 9630 Bushfire Appeal;
- Supporting fundraising events for Drought and Bushfire Relief in our community;
- Provision of hospital beds and medical equipment to Nadi Hospital, Fiji
- An annual Citizenship Ceremony for new Australians.